Your “Instant Queue” just turned into “My List” in Netflix

Netflix My List feature Netflix tip: Your Instant Queue just turned into My List
Can’t find your “queue” of saved movies and TV shows on Netflix.com? You’re not the only one. Just the other day, I went nuts trying to find my missing queue on the Netflix website.


Well, turns out that our Netflix queues have quietly morphed into a new feature called “My List,” which is slated to roll out to all Netflix users over the next couple of weeks.
Don’t know what a Netflix “instant queue” is—or was? Well, it’s actually an artifact of Netflix’s old DVD-by-mail service, which only lets you keep a limited number of DVDs (anywhere from one to 8 or so, depending on your subscription plan) at home.

Of course, when it comes to Netflix’s library of on-demand instant videos, you don’t necessarily need an ordered “queue.” A saved “list” of bookmarked, want-to-watch videos seems like a better fit … hence the name change, I’m guessing.
Netflix order My List manually 300x146 Netflix tip: Your Instant Queue just turned into My List
Don’t want your saved My List videos ordered automatically? You can reorder your list manually by changing a single setting.

Anyway, if you visit Netflix.com now, you’ll probably see a new “Your List” row near the top of your page, populated by any movies or TV shows that you’ve previously saved to your old Netflix queue.
Move your mouse over the arrows flanking the “Your List” row to scroll back and forth. You can also add or remove videos from the list by clicking the “Add to/Remove from List” button from a video description page or pop-up.

OK, but what about ordering your queue—er, list? Well, Netflix says it can now sort your list automatically, “presenting you with the titles you’re most likely to want to watch right up front.”
All well and good, but there’s also an option to sort your list manually. Just click the “My Account” link at the top of the page, then click the “Order in My List” link. You can also click the “See All” link next to Your List on the Netflix.com home page, then click the “Change order to:” button.
Also, keep in mind that the Netflix mobile apps still show a row of “Instant Queue” videos, but I’m guessing it’ll turn into My List in a future app update.


Note: Since Netflix appears to be rolling out My List slowly, you may see only some (or even none) of the new My List features in your account quite yet.
Your “Instant Queue” just turned into “My List” in Netflix